Thursday, January 15, 2009

Puma on Brand Image




When I walk into a Puma Store there is a consistency yet a refreshing newness and excitement visible in their products. Bold pop-colors, interesting materials and textures, and a melding sport-traditional design with pop and punk influences are a few ways which unify their products beyond a common logo. To me, Puma stands out above other sport life-style brands because they connect to their target demographic so well. Their imagery on their website evokes the companies intent of being a global life-styles brand for those who are young or who want to feel young. According Puma's website, their marketing strategy has included "Extensive global campaigns such as “I’m Going” and “Urban Mobility” which displayed the hallmark values of the PUMA brand – inclusiveness, innovative design, sophistication and individuality."
However, I think what impressed me the most though when I visited the store were the security tags. I almost wanted to steal something so I could have the tag. Picture coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment