Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Green Mile Trailer

Not having seen the movie in about 6 years, I vividly recollected the plot and resolution of the film after looking up the trailer on YouTube. Many times trailers just capture seemingly random glimpses of a movie with out truly telling a story. Other times a narrator tells the story but the splices that they throw in are just funny tidbits in hopes that they will hook the audience. I am very disappointed when I watch a trailer with a few really funny one liners and then I watch the movie and those few really funny one-liners are the only funny parts of the movie. But I guess that is besides the point. The Green Mile trailer effectively tells a story because the clips the directors chose flow together using dialog rather than the typical deep-voiced narrator. The clips also set a mood through consistent imagery and somewhat powerful acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment